SmartHeat SLT Thin-Film Heaters
Minco’s SmartHeat SLT (Self-Limiting Technology) heaters provide an efficient and effective alternative to traditional temperature management in Aerospace, Defense, and Medical applications. These unique devices provide consistent thermal outcomes and self-tuning in dynamic environments. Thin, flexible, and lightweight, SmartHeat SLT heaters deliver optimal performance and controller-free operation.
Our SmartHeat SLT heaters utilize a patented polymer inner-lay material to pinpoint precisely when and where heat is needed to maintain uniform heatsink temperature. The resistance of the polymer increases exponentially at a prescribed temperature control point, which eliminates the need for additional regulating electronics. This results in a simplified system design and lowers manufacturing and operational costs. Advanced materials and engineering eliminate the risk of overheating, which can damage electro-optical components, handheld electronic displays and fluid warming devices.
Features & Benefits
- No risk of overheating due to delamination or environmental changes
- Automated, elevated temperature management and control with consistent thermal outcomes
- Patented materials ensure peak performance in a thin implicit control simplifies device design and reduces product launch cycle
- Environment temperature range: -45°C (-49°F) to 100°C (248°F)
- Operational set point range: 10°C (50°F) to 70°C (158°F)